Tuesday, March 3, 2020

The Beginning of Google

Google is a widely-used search engine that has really blossomed into a corporation that offers email, phone systems, maps, and many more. Google also owns other companies such as YouTube and Android. Started at Stanford University by two graduate students, it was first called BackRub. 70 Percent of people around the world use Google in some way. Google is useful for people of all ages, professions, and for many different reasons. It can be used by students for research, by kids for games and music, it can be used to find companies for hire, restaurants, GPS maps, pictures, and almost anything you can think of.
I myself use Google on a daily basis. Anytime I look up anything on the internet I immediately type in Google.com first. I like the way Google displays their search results, the things they recommend by my search, and it is comfortable to use. I like Google because it is compatible. It makes it easy to do group projects using Google Slides and Google Docs. Being able to collaborate on a project with people when you are not physically together is one of my favorite things that Google provides. I did not realize that Google owned the companies that it does. I was aware that Android used a Google system in their phones, but I did not know that Google owned Android. I was also unaware that Google owned YouTube, which is also a very commonly used website/app. I use YouTube to watch music videos, watch lecture videos, and sometime I get lost on the app and just watch videos for hours.
Google is an extremely large corporation that we use every day, whether we realize it or not. I think we have benefitted a lot from Google and the services they provide. Gmail, Google maps, Google slides/docs, Google Earth, YouTube, are all things that I know many people use every single day.

(Source: Class Presentation)
http://www.rubelmahmud.com/useful-google-products-services-you-probably-dont-introduce-yet/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teenage Targets

In the midst of a Pandemic, we run into the issue of false information being spread, especially through social media. Fear sparks this bad i...